Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Syrian Poem for Tzipi Livni

Here's a Syrian Poet who's enamored with Tzipi Livni.
I would extrapolate that Tzipi represents Israel and the poet the misunderstood Arab nation.
Or perhaps he's just after her "rebellious breasts", her "honey-like saliva" and he wants her to know she will "not get raped or hit with a whip".
My translation precedes the video.

An Invitation for Tzipi Livni
I wish there would be no bitterness between us
Or hate-filled battles, or the shedding of blood
I wish for you to be my lover
So I could sing about my love for you
And serenade you with the words of poets
I wish you would wear the dress of love and calm
And shed the mantle of war and hate
And no matter how predisposed you were to rule this land
Your arrogance shall not reach the sky
They deceived you with a small lie
But it grew with you, this pure fabrication
The lie was that I'm a killer who likes treachery
That extremism is my profession
That I'm enamored with the disembowelment of guts
They pictured me as sniper in the night
And as elusive, as you, in the day
But that is the judgement of idiots
They said that once I meet you
I would spread you on the floor
As a rapist without compunction
That I would kidnap you and take you prisoner
In armored-walled prisons in the desert
That I would delight in whipping you
and enjoy the sounds of wailing and labored cries
Did you believe what was said about me?
Oh you with much experience and cunning?
Or perhaps you're hesitant and afraid as usual
And that is one of the enigmas of Eve (women)
I shall take you to a world far away from politics
Away from complication, pretension and deception
I shall accompany you to a windy land as beautiful as you are
With mellow vegetation and red roses
With fresh rivers and green prairies
We would look into each others eyes
My heart suspended between our gaze
My hands on your rebellious and proud breasts
On your cheeks I shall peck kisses
And from your lips honey shall flow
All of it medicine
Bewitched I shall be with the world of love and its secrets
I shall be the preserver of your treasures
And submerge myself in the seas of your longing
Confident that I shall find the greatest of tributes
Together we'll saddle up the steed
And go on a whim to Al-Hambra Palace
We shall head eastwards for a little while
To visit the Damascene countryside
We shall not visit the Empty Quarter
For I fear for you from the scorching earth
For I do not like the heat of the sun
nor the memories of the war of Dahis And Ghabraa*
I love you and only you
I love the breeze that gently ruffles up your hair
With me, your history shall enter a new era
Our story shall be recounted by many writers and literary critics
This is what I have for you, oh Tzipi Livni
I express it to you with sincerity and loyalty
So show me, if you're capable of a challenge
And reply to me with an equally detailed poem
- - - - - - - -
*Dahis And Ghabraa: 40 year war of attrition between Arabian tribes triggered by the contested result of a horse-race; a symbol of endless Arab tribal squabbling. From the gist of the stanza, the poet seems to prefer Andalusia and the Levant, at the expense of the harshness of the Arabian peninsula.

12 comments:

Solomon said...

This guy's nickname wouldn't be "The Blind Poet" by any chance, would it? If not...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I kind of liked it, especially after listening to the recitation
:)

Nobody said...

Shock!

Nizo said...

I actually think Tzipi has something, Wallah she's a Jenna Jamison when compared to Israel's last female prime minister.

Anonymous said...

Hey...Just good to hear something different from the "your blood, into the sea, your crying mothers" poetry.

Here...I will answer him:

We can make beace
If you don't try to fleece
But be careful with that whip
Just ain't my trip

You can have the dirty blon
Just give me the Golan
Trust you Arabs? Sounds creepy
But be nice and OK, you can fuck Tzippi

Nizo said...

I like this line:

"But be careful with that whip
Just ain't my trip"

Howie, I'm being romantically pursued by a Moroccan Jew... that typically ain't my trip. I suppose I'll see what car he drives and then I'll decide. Yes, I'm a material girl.

Anonymous said...

The dude is probably one of my relatives.

Well...if you two girls get married...I want to come to the wedding. Will be great to watch your in-laws in the buffet line.

Nizo said...

Howie, I will ask you to walk me down the aisle. I need a father figure since I don't trust my father to show up without a suicide belt.

Anonymous said...

Nizo...

OK...deal. As long as you promise the band will only play the Caberet medley ONCE!

David All said...

It is certainly a good poem full of colorful descriptions that is a beautiful plea for peace between Israelis and Arabs. Impossible to imagine a similar poem being written to Golda Meir. In many ways it is a hopeful sign that peace, despite the current idiotic leaderships of both Israel and the Palestinians, is not too far off.

BTW, Nizo is the Moroccan Jew currently pursuing you the same one who would not eat what you cooked since you did not keep a kosher kitchen? Have you checked to see if is related to the Moroccan Jewess wh gave you a nasty bump in the supermarket?

Anonymous said...

"It is certainly a good poem full of colorful descriptions that is a beautiful plea for peace between Israelis and Arabs."

Why...thank you David

Nizo said...

"BTW, Nizo is the Moroccan Jew currently pursuing you the same one who would not eat what you cooked since you did not keep a kosher kitchen? Have you checked to see if is related to the Moroccan Jewess wh gave you a nasty bump in the supermarket?"

I'm now working on a different prospect, a farmer from Wisconsin. The Jew became plan B.